Kelp, a rich source of minerals, vitamins, and growth hormones such as cytokinins and auxins, is an effective soil amendment that enhances root development, increases nutrient uptake, and supports overall plant vigor.
What is Kelp?
Kelp is a type of large, brown seaweed that thrives in the nutrient-rich, cold waters of the world’s oceans. Belonging to the order Laminariales, these underwater giants can grow up to 2 feet per day and reach lengths of over 100 feet. Kelp forests provide crucial habitat for a diverse array of marine species, while also acting as a valuable carbon sink that helps mitigate climate change.
The kelp sourced for Mirimichi Green soil amendments and plant health products is sustainably harvested from ocean waters around the world. Through responsible practices, we ensure that kelp forests continue to thrive, providing vital habitat for marine life and contributing to the overall health of our oceans. Once harvested, the kelp can processed into various forms, such as the liquid extracts use in Mirimichi Green Nutri-Kelp.
The Benefits of Kelp for Soil and Plants
Kelp offers a wealth of benefits for both soil and plants, making it an invaluable addition to your garden or farm. Some of the incredible benefits of kelp include:
- Nutrient-rich: Kelp is packed with essential nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium, iron, and a variety of trace elements that promote strong plant growth and improve overall soil health.
- Natural growth hormones: Kelp contains natural growth hormones like cytokinins, auxins, and gibberellins, which stimulate cell division and elongation, resulting in stronger root systems and more robust, resilient plants.
- Improved nutrient uptake: Kelp’s natural chelating agents help to increase the availability and absorption of nutrients in the soil, ensuring that plants get the nourishment they need for optimal growth and health.
- Enhanced stress tolerance: Kelp improves plant resistance to various stressors, such as drought, pests, and disease, by strengthening cell walls and promoting a more robust root system.
- Soil structure enhancement: By promoting the growth of beneficial microorganisms, kelp helps improve soil structure, leading to better aeration, water retention, and nutrient availability for plants.
Kelp is truly one of nature’s secret weapons when it comes to enhancing soil and plant health. Its unique combination of essential nutrients, growth hormones, and soil-boosting properties make it an indispensable ingredient in today’s most effective soil amendments and plant health products. By harnessing the power of kelp, you’re not only promoting a healthier, more productive garden but also contributing to a more sustainable, eco-friendly future for our planet.